Invite kids or grandkids, community members and co-workers to participate in the Prevent Hunger campaign — helping us reach our goal of raising $200,000 and filling the food shelf with specific, most needed items! Your participation strengthens Interfaith Outreach’s response to community need in the areas of food, employment and family support all year long.
We can do this. Together!
1) COLLECT OUR MOST-NEEDED ITEMS
This year, we’re asking the community for very specific, targeted items for the food shelf.
Most needed: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, cooking oils (vegetable, coconut, olive, canola, avocado, sesame, etc.) and cereal
Also needed: infant formula, canned meat, paper towels and toilet paper
Let’s flood the food shelf with these most-needed items and show our neighbors we stand by them in this challenging time!
2) DROP them OFF MARCH 30, 3-6:30 p.m
Drop off your group’s items at our one-day “Shop then Drop” event sponsored by Sears Imported Autos! It takes place March 30, 2021, from 3-6:30 p.m., in our parking lot — 1605 County Road 101 N, Plymouth, 55447. We will have fun activities for the whole family to join in (safely distanced) when you drop off items.
If you cannot drop off on March 30, donations are also accepted two days a week: Fridays and Mondays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please schedule large donation drop-offs by calling Patrick Felker at 763-489-7530.
3) donate ($1 = $9 of food)
If you choose to do a fund drive, please know that every $1 raised allows us to source $9 worth of goods from our nonprofit wholesale partners, maximizing the return on investment for families. Financial donations can be made at iocp.org/preventhunger and will count toward our Prevent Hunger efforts as long as they are made before April 16, 2021. Thank you!
- Shop with your kids and let them choose the items from the store
- Do a neighborhood drive with your kids and see if they can fill their sports equipment bags plump full
- Drop off at the Shop then Drop parking lot event on March 30, 2021, and enjoy food and fun after delivering your donations (items or financial)
- Fill your family car, van or truck to the ceiling with items like toilet paper and paper towels
Tips and resources for your drive:
- Sample email to send participants – customize and send out
- Most needed items (.png) – include in emails, use in a flyer or hang up
- Prevent Hunger flyer (.pdf) – include in emails, print and pass out, hang up
- “Food Drive, Donate Here” signs (8×11 .pdf or 11×17 .pdf) – print and hang up where you’re collecting items
- Link to online donation page: iocp.org/preventhunger – include in emails or flyers
- Prevent Hunger logo (.png) – include in emails or flyers
- Interfaith Outreach on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter – tag us when you post about your drive!
Questions about your drive or the Shop then Drop event?
Please contact Sarah Williams at email@example.com or 763-489-751.