It takes more than food to prevent hunger. It also takes a quality job that pays a living wage. Interfaith Outreach Employment Services offers job search information and resources, as well as individualized support to help job seekers meet their financial needs and access employment training to increase their earning potential.
If you’re a business owner or local leader with jobs to fill or who knows of open positions—contact us today. We are connected to hard-working individuals who are looking for well-paying jobs. Contact Ann Koller, Employment Counselor, at email@example.com or 763-489-7525 for more information.
ATTEND A VIRTUAL COMMUNITY CONVENING:
Preventing Hunger Through Quality Employment
Wednesday, April 14
12-12:45 p.m. via Zoom
Join us for “Build the Network,” a free virtual community convening geared toward local employers, industry leaders and community connectors. Hear from Tim O’Neill, Regional Labor Market Analyst from DEED, and Natalie Bullinger, Employment Services Program Manager at Interfaith Outreach, about the pandemic’s impact on job seekers and employers. Discover the role you can play in building networks for job seekers and creating opportunities for all to thrive!
Did you know?
- The pandemic in Minnesota has taken a particular toll on individuals who were earning less than $14.70 an hour pre-COVID. They are most likely to still be out of work.
- Black Minnesotans have been disproportionately impacted by layoffs during the pandemic. While they make up 5.9% of the MN labor force, they represent more than 10% of MN unemployment claimants.
- Individuals who have no education beyond high school are overrepresented among unemployment claimants (37.7%) and have the longest duration of unemployment.
You can help by:
- Reaching out to the Interfaith Employment Services team. They are eager to partner with local employers who have job opportunities that provide (or can lead to) family-sustaining wages. Contact Ann today!
- Making a donation to the Prevent Hunger campaign, which supports Employment Services at Interfaith Outreach.