Outreach Development Corporation (ODC)
Outreach Development Corporation (ODC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that successfully mobilizes cross-sector partnerships to preserve, acquire, and develop quality multi-unit affordable housing with services. ODC and its partners have developed affordable rental units in the west suburban communities. With Interfaith Outreach as the service partner, ODC creates safe places to call home for local families and children. Learn more at ODChousing.org
Preserve, acquire and develop affordable housing with services
A safe place to call home, opportunities to thrive and strong, hopeful futures for all
Values and beliefs
- Strong futures begin at home
- Safe, affordable housing for all is vital to a strong and vibrant community
- Collaborative community partnerships are foundational to our work
- A community at its best ensures a safe, stable place for all to call home
Goals and objectives
- Partner with private and nonprofit affordable housing development partners, housing advocates, local government entities, faith communities, school districts, business communities, public and private investors, service providers and residents to increase housing
- Create a policy environment conducive to development and preservation of affordable housing with services
Why does affordable housing in our community matter?
- Adequate housing is critical for local jobs and strong economies.
- Stable housing is essential to kids’ success in school.
- Affordable housing is vital to positive health outcomes.
- Families and children are at an increased risk of experiencing homelessness.
- The supply of affordable housing is decreasing due to market rate conversions and limited new construction.
- Based on population growth, projected need in service area by 2030 is 1,200 affordable housing units.*
- Incomes lag far behind rent increases.
*2019 Metropolitan Council Allocation of Affordable Housing Need (www.MetroCouncil.org)
Source: Minnesota Housing Partnership, 2019 (www.mhponline.org)
ODC Board of Directors
Founded in 2000, ODC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Its board is comprised of professionals with a wide range of experience including affordable housing, finance, development, management and support services, and a track record of delivering results:
John Adams, Ken Dayton, Wendy Geving, Ed Goldsmith, Lynn Groll, Pam Haack, Jeff Huggett, Christopher Pierson, Peter Scherer, Tom Shaver, Cherie Shoquist Henderson, Joel Spoonheim, Jim Urbanek and LaDonna Hoy.
View and download ODC information as a pdf
Contact LaDonna Hoy at email@example.com.
View website at ODCHousing.org