The Interfaith Outreach Holiday Gift Program is unique because it honors the faith traditions most practiced by our program participants. Individuals and families choose one of the following to participate in each year. Community members provide donations to make these programs possible! Families of all sizes and ages need support.
The Christmas program directly matches client families in need of holiday gift assistance to generous sponsors who anonymously provide gift cards. Sponsor one person, one family or multiple families depending on how much you can contribute to the effort.
- Early September: Sponsor online registration opens
- You may request family size, type and ages – we will make every effort to match your requests. Early registration ensures the best match!
- You will receive a confirmation email of your registration
- Early November: Registered sponsors notified of family match and given a gift card shopping list
- Early December: Sponsors drop off unwrapped gift cards curbside to Interfaith Outreach. More details in the Holiday Gift toolkit.
Missed the sponsor registration? Last-minute financial support benefits the almost 90 additional families (300 people) who will need holiday support.
Want to donate tangible items in addition to gift cards? See a list of our current needs including winter coats, snack packs for kids and birthday toys here.
The Eid program allows Muslim families to attend community celebrations, events and activities together to honor their traditions while providing financial support for gift giving. You can help ensure all families have a special Eid celebration by donating Target gift cards of $25 increments or by contributing financial support. Interfaith will then provide families with assistance with clothing and food purchases or entry fees at special venues in the community (e.g. Valleyfair).
Interfaith Outreach helps our families connect with Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS) to receive gifts and holiday ritual items through referrals to their Hag Sameach program.